Why is my mailbox full?
Each email account has its own mailbox which is used to store the mail till you collected it with your email client such as Outlook, Mac Mail or Nexus Webmail. If the email client leaves all the mail in the mailbox on the server then your mailbox becomes full and you can no longer receive any more mail. The mailbox size limit is to prevent a user or spammer from filling up the mail server and causing downtime. The size limit maintains the mail server at a high level of performance and availability.
Emails are not deleting from my POP3 mailbox?
To correct this you just need to set your email client to remove the mail from the mail server once it has collected it. We recommend this setting only on your computer or laptop but not on your mobile phone or tablet as the emails should be left on the mail server for your main email client to collect it.
Please follow the instructions below for your email client. This will only work for email accounts setup using POP3 protocol not IMAP.
Microsoft Outlook or Live Mail
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click ‘File’ and ‘Account Settings’.
- Select your email account and open it by double clicking it.
- Click ‘More Settings’ and click the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Un-tick the option box ‘Leave a copy of the messages on the server’.
- Then click ‘Ok’, ‘Next’ and ‘Close’.
Mac on Mac OS X
- Open Mail then click on the Mail menu at the top left of your screen and select ‘Preferences’.
- Click on the Accounts icon at the top of the window.
- In the Accounts window, click on the newly created Account listed on the left, then the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Make sure the option box ‘Remove Copy from server after retrieving a message’ is ticked and set to ‘Right away’.
- If you check your mail from more than one computer or a mobile device follow the directions above and change the drop menu under ‘Remove Copy from server after retrieving a message:’ to ‘After one day’ which will give your other devices time to download it.
- Click the red close button at the top left of the window to close it.